Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 18, 2010

Blogging?...Like it or love it

In the video “We Like Our Blogging Buddies: The Write Stuff with Blogging Mentors” children express both their likes and dislikes of the use of blogging in their classroom. The system is set up similar to a pin pal relationship only there is a younger child who acts as the blogger and a pre service teacher who acts as the blogger mentor.



I realized that children using blogs can benefit in various ways. The most important thing that I took from this video is the fact that the students using blogs will not only improve there computer / technology skills but, they will also improve their language / writing skills. When it comes to having a mentor it will make it a little more exciting for the students when they are able to sit at a computer and read and then respond to what those mentors are writing them.

Growing up when I was in school, hearing a teacher always nagging or giving criticizing would make me draw back a little. Some times it the way or even the person giving the criticism that would cause me to have a positive or negative reaction. So the idea of having someone besides a teacher telling me what I’m doing wrong (time and time again) would have been much more appealing to me. Kids using this blogging buddy system have a great advantage. I believe that the students will respond differently to someone that is a classmate, or just someone around the same age.

No comments:

Post a Comment