Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Great PBL Approach

The video, Project Learning: An Overview, included various age group of students who were working on different types of research projects by analyzing it and finding a solution by using problem solving skills.





One of the things that I took from this particular video is that each individual has the right to pursue whatever they want as a career. By teachers, implementing (PBL) Project-Based Learning in the classroom it will broaden students’ perception to exactly what those options are all because they had a chance to experience them early on.

I can relate to this video because when it comes to learning new things, I cannot always catch on that quick when I just sit and listen to someone lecture. Being able to be involved in (PBL) Project-Based Learning, or what I call hands on approach, makes it so much easier for me to grasp the concept. In addition, it gives me that extra boost of confidence because I’m not secretly thinking, “I’m completely lost”.

I think that this video was implying that having (PBL) Project Based Learning is a great tool to use in all types of classroom setting with various age groups. Not only will it help to make the learning environment more appealing, help student gain further knowledge on that particular subject, but it will also give students the notion that there is a huge world of options out there for them when it comes to deciding what career they want to pursue.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Felisha,
    I agree with you that project-based learning is an excellent tool in the classroom.
    I'm also not unfamiliar with your feeling of loss in a classroom. My mother told me when she was in high school, she hated history because of the way it was taught. She was lost. I want to teach high school students history, but I don't want them to feel lost. I want to make my class about 60% projects and 40% something else (lecture, readings, group discussions).
    I love projects, always have, alway will. Not only do projects help one discover potential careers as far as content, but also by aptitude. If a student sits in a chair for an hour every day, how do they know they are a good leader, or a good project manager, or anything else?
    I'm not sure how much I like your acronym, PBL, though. It sounds too much like PBJ (peanut butter and jelly). It makes me hungry! Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete